Fees and Registration
Official registration for the 9th International Mining History Congress is now open.
Only delegates who are registered and who have paid in full are considered confirmed delegates able to participate in the conference activities.
Registration includes two steps:
- completion of the online registration form
- submission of payment (see below).
Register now to qualify for the early bird discount. The deadline is 30 September 2010. Your registration, including complete payment information, must be RECEIVED by this date.
The conference will start on the Tuesday afternoon of 17 April 2012 and end with lunch on Friday 20 April 2012
until 30 Sept 2011
31 Oct 2011 - 31 Jan 2012
1 Feb 2012 - 15 Mar 2012
- Participation in scientific sessions
- Admission to the opening and closing events
- Excursion and tour (with minimal extra cost)
- Printed material of the conference
- Braai and banquet
- Cultural activities
- Congress bag with proceedings
- Tea /Coffee and lunch
- Assistance with transfers
- Tourism advice
Methods of payment
Only delegates who are registered and who have paid in full are considered confirmed delegates and will be able to participate in the conference activities.
Payments must be made as follows:
- In South African Rands (ZAR) only
- It is the responsibility of the guest to ensure that the amount payable is in accordance with the latest exchange rate and represents the TOTAL South African Rand amount. Any short payment resulting from bank charges and/or exchange rate fluctuations will be charged back to the delegate.
- Either by Bank Wire Transfer (Electronic funds transfer) or bank guaranteed cheque. Current exchange rates
Note: No cheque payments are accepted unless agreed with the 9th IMHC Conference Secretariat. All bank transaction charges are for delegate's own account.
Payment by Bank Wire Transfer (Electronic Funds Transfer)
If payment is made via bank transfer please note that proof of payment must be sent to the conference secretariat via email firstname.lastname@example.org
When making bank deposits and transfers clearly indicate the invoice number as well as your initials and last name as the deposit reference.
Please see banking details below for this payment method:
9th IMHC Banking details
Note: If paying by bank wire transfer please remember to:
Clearly indicate the invoice number and delegate's name on bank transfers to facilitate the registration process.
Email or fax a copy of the transfer slip to
Fax: +27 (0) 86 615 1477
All delegates that have completed the online registration pages will receive a confirmation email outlining the status of their registration. They will also receive an invoice for payment.
The registration will only be confirmed once full payment is received.
Delegates may be substituted as long as this is done in writing either via email or fax.
Registration will not be confirmed until full payment has been received by the conference secretariat.
The following cancellation clauses will apply:
- Registrations will only be validated if all monies are paid in advance
- All cancellations must be received in writing. If received before 31 December 2010 a full refund will be passed less a 15% administration fee.
- On all cancellations between 1 Jan 2011 and 28 February 2011, 50% will be charged
- No shows and cancellations after 1 March 2012 will be liable for the full fee. After this date no refunds will be processed, however delegates may be substituted provided this is done in writing to the conference secretariat
- Registrations are transferable to delegates not yet registered
The Congress Secretariat has taken all reasonable care in making the arrangements for the Congress. In the event of unforeseen disruptions, Neither the Congress Secretariat nor RPB can be held responsible for any losses incurred by delegates.
The Programme is correct at the time of printing, but the Secretariat reserves the right to alter the programme if and when deemed necessary. The Congress Secretariat acts as an a agent only in securing hotel, transport and travel services, and shall in no event be liable for acts or omissions in the event of injury, damage, loss, accident delay or irregularity of any kind whatsoever during arrangements organised through contractors or by the employees of such contractors.
Hotel and transportation services are subject to the Terms and Conditions under which they are offered to the general public. Delegates should make their own arrangements with respect to personal insurance. The Congress Secretariat reserves the right to make changes as and when deemed necessary, without prior notice to the parties concerned. All disputes are subject to resolution under South African Law.
Early bird registration closes:
15 December 2011
Submission of abstracts deadline:
30 November 2011
Standard Registration closes:
15 February 2012
Submission of full text papers deadline:
31 March 2012
31 March 2012